Details

Title: О истории химического факультета Политехнического института (1919–1930) // Научно-технические ведомости СПбПУ. Сер.: Естественные и инженерные науки. – 2019. – Т. 25, № 3
Creators: Морачевский А. Г.
Imprint: 2019
Collection: Общая коллекция
Subjects: Образование. Педагогика; Высшее профессиональное образование; вузы; история вузов; химические факультеты; академики; профессора; физическая химия; электрохимия; higher educational; history of universities; chemical faculties; academics; professors; physical chemistry; electrochemistry
UDC: 378
LBC: 74.58
Document type: Article, report
File type: PDF
Language: Russian
DOI: 10.18721/JEST.25313
Rights: Свободный доступ из сети Интернет (чтение, печать, копирование)

Allowed Actions: Read Download (236 Kb)

Group: Anonymous

Network: Internet

Annotation

Кратковременное существование Химического факультета остается одной из ярких страниц в истории Политехнического института. Он был образован в 1919 г. в составе Металлургического отделения Петроградского политехнического института и со времени создания института имел выдающийся преподавательский состав. На Химическом факультете (четыре специализации) работали академики Н. С. Курнаков. В. А. Кистяковский, Ф. Ю. Левинсон-Лессинг, профессора П. П. Федотьев, А. А. Байков, Д. С. Белянкин, известные профессора В. А. Кинд и Б. Н. Меншуткин. Лекции по физике читал академик А. Ф. Иоффе, в преподавании физики принимал участие совсем еще молодой Н. Н. Семенов. Целый ряд выпускников Химического факультета внесли существенный вклад в развитие различных областей отечественной науки. Нельзя забывать, что благодаря В. А. Кистяковскому в Петербургском политехническом институте на соответствующем тому времени уровне впервые в России началось преподавание физической химии и теоретической электрохимии, были созданы первые в России лаборатории такого профиля. Политехнический институт первым в России начал выпуск инженеров по прикладной электрохимии. Ф. Ю. Левинсон-Лессинг и его ученик Д. С. Белянкин единственные в России готовили специалистов в области геохимии. Химический факультет, как и весь Политехнический институт, прекратил свое существование 30 июня 1930 г.

The short-term existence of the Faculty of Chemistry remains one of the brightest pages in the history of the Polytechnic Institute. It was formed in 1919 on the basis of the Electrochemical Subdivision, which was part of the Metallurgical Department since the foundation of the institute and had an outstanding teaching staff. Academicians N. Kurnakov (four specializations), V. A. Kistyakovsky, F. Yu. Levinson-Lessing, Professor P. P. Fedotiev (Corresponding Member of the USSR Academy of Sciences since 1933), A. A. Baikov (Academician since 1932), D. S. Belyankin (academician since 1943), famous professors V. A. Kind and B. N. Menshutkin worked at the Faculty of Chemistry. Lectures on physics were read by academician A. F. Ioffe, while then young N. N. Semenov took part in teaching physics. A number of graduates of the Faculty of Chemistry have made a significant contribution to the development of various fields of national science. We should not forget that it was thanks to V. A. Kistyakovsky that teaching of physical chemistry and theoretical electrochemistry achieved a level corresponding to that time for the first time in Russia, the first Russian laboratories of this type were created at the St. Petersburg Polytechnic Institute. Polytechnic Institute was the first in Russia to start educating applied electrochemistry engineers. F. Yu. Levinson-Lessing and his student D. S. Belyankin are the only ones in Russia who trained specialists in the field of geochemistry. The Faculty of Chemistry, like the entire Polytechnic Institute, ceased to exist on June 30, 1930.

Document access rights

Network User group Action
ILC SPbPU Local Network All Read Print Download
Internet Authorized users Read Print Download
-> Internet Anonymous Read Print Download

Usage statistics

stat Access count: 79
Last 30 days: 7
Detailed usage statistics